|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Point Debit Card came out with another great deal this week, offering 10x points (10% back) at Airbnb and Hotel Tonight – up to 5,000 points ($50) back with either – through October 14, 2021.
- The Point Debit Card is offering 10x points (10% back) at both Airbnb and Hotel Tonight through 10/14/21 (up to 5,000 points back with each merchant)
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card, note that the annual fee is now $99. There is a referral bonus of 10,000 points (worth $100) after spending $1,000 in the first 30 days that mitigates the fee for the first year, though we’ve seen better deals.
That said, Point has come out with enough valuable offers like this one that they may be worth the annual fee for many people. If you want to try it out, feel free to use one of our referral links / codes:
- Stephen’s wife’s link (code: SPEPPER4)
- Nick’s link (code:NREYES6)
- Note that if you click through those links on Desktop, you’ll want to make sure that you add the promo code after downloading the app and before signing up. See more detail in this post).
- Alternatively, our referral codes still show a $49 fee when input as shown in this post, but people who signed up when that link showed a $0 fee were told the fee would be $99 anyway. I believe that Point made good by those folks who signed up expecting a $0 fee, but YMMV. If you intend to join up now, I’d intend to pay a $99 fee and be happy if the instructions in this post work for a $49 fee (unlikely).
- Earn 10 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases made using your Point Debit Card at Airbnb or Hotel Tonight by 11:50pm PDT on October 14, 2021.
- Valid on transactions made at airbnb.com or HotelTonight.com and through the Airbnb or Hotel Tonight iOS or Android mobile applications.
- Excludes physical and electronic gift cards.
- Each cardholder can earn up to a maximum of 5,000 points on eligible purchases during this offer period.
- Points will be credited to your account within 30 days after charges appear on your Point billing statement
If you have a booking to make at either Airbnb or Hotel Tonight that costs $500 or less, it would be awfully hard to beat the return here. Keep in mind that for Airbnb you should be able to go through British Airways or Delta to click through to Airbnb to earn some miles in addition to this offer (just make sure you’re ultimately booking at Airbnb.com). It looks like HotelTonight is also on a couple of shopping portals.
It is amazing to see the Point Debit Card continue to come out with short-term cash back deals that meet or beat both ordinarily credit card bonus categories and card-linked offers. Speaking of card-linked offers, I don’t think that Airbnb or Hotel Tonight are available on any card-linked networks, but I always check that sort of thing before making a booking since that should be stackable if you found a payout (again, I don’t think there is one here).
I am not very likely to have a booking with either entity between now and the 14th, though this offer is going to encourage me to at least check since I do have a couple of short trips coming up over the next two weeks.